MUST SEND RESUME TO firstname.lastname@example.org IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED!
OR UPLOAD RESUME TO THIS SITE AT THE BOTTOM.
Nonprofit Habitat for Humanity of Weber and Davis Counties is needing an Assistant ReStore Manager for our Ogden ReStore location. Our ReStore is a nonprofit home improvement thrift store and donation center. We sell donated and gently-used items to the public at a fraction of the original cost. Proceeds go towards nonprofit Habitat for Humanity of Weber and Davis Counties and its homebuilding and home repair efforts, Brush With Kindness programs, and other assistance with needs in Weber and Davis Counties.
We are looking for a motivated, professional, and experienced Assistant Manager who will be working alongside the Manager and Executive Director.
This job requires that you:
- Support the mission of the affiliate
- Assure all business decisions align with affiliate mission
- Demonstrate self-confidence in handling work challenges
- Demonstrate flexibility, adaptability, and integrity when facing frustration and adversity
- Work to develop relationships between staff, volunteers, customers, vendors and affiliate employees
- Develop and implement programs and procedures to maintain a positive work environment
- Effectively process and analyze information to make appropriate decisions
- Take the lead and manage appropriate actions to handle a crisis
- Mentor and guide staff and volunteers as needed
- Be adaptable to changing needs
- Effectively communicate with all involved to ensure a smooth running of the store
- Ability to lift 50 lbs or more and stand on a continual basis
- Ability to manage cash and balance our cash registers
- Ability to run daily reports and create financial reports as needed
- Ability to present to the Board of Directors on a quarterly basis
- Maintain a professional demeanor both in the store and out in the community
- Work with team members to network in the community and with businesses for donations
- Research local thrift store and determine appropriate pricing for our merchandise
- Adhere to all policies and procedures
- Needed on alternating Mon-Fri and Tues-Sat 10AM to 6PM
- Health insurance available
- Paid vacation/sick leave
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 3 years of retail experience
- Minimum 2 year of cash handling experience
- Minimum of 1 year management experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent real-life experience